View Single Post
Achy Turtle Armor
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
1,130 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Thought I'd briefly share my experience with DBT & BPD. I was diagnosed with BPD in 2005. In 2016 I started DBT & at the same time started seeing a DBT therapist. I have been going ever since. About 50% stay in group for about a year which is 2 or 3 rounds of the course. 10% drop out after a month or less. The remainder of us have been there 2 or more years. Some of these long timers will take a break here & there but return after only a few weeks away. This is a weekly group.

My experience with BPD is often "two steps forward & one step back." I have struggled with suicidal urges & "non-suicidal self-injurious behavior" (all of those formal words for SI ) for most of my life. No joke. I don't know if the suicidal ideation will ever go away but it does get less intense. I take medication for my depression as well. I've switched meds a few times but usually just because it stops working. As far as hospitalizations goes I have been in & out a few times. No need in sharing the number.

In conclusion I'd say to try to be patient & kind to yourself. Also try to not compare yourself to those around you. I say these things to myself as well. It's hard, I know. 🙂 ... If it's okay.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky