View Single Post
TheNightWhistle

Member Since Mar 2019
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 12:13 PM

I'm starting this thread because I have a unique MH condition and want to see if there's anyone in the community with it as well.

I have had maladaptive daydreaming for as long as I can remember. I often drift off into space when I'm at home, and will even pace back and forth for hours just imagining. Some articles say that it's a way for people to cope with a depressing reality, much like a kid who escapes into their own imaginary world. This is somewhat the case for me, as I tend to do it after a stressful day, or when my anxiety is at its boiling point. Only the people I live with know about this because I think that even my closest friends will find it bizarre, and might not want to hang out with me anymore. I almost feel like I should be on an episode of My Strange Addiction.

The only therapist I've ever told about this told me it's perfectly healthy to have a way to calm down.

Anyone else out there have weird coping mechanisms to deal with stress?

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127, Anonymous45521, Anonymous46341, Anonymous49426, avlady, Buffy01, Fuzzybear, happysobercrafter, KD1980, MickeyCheeky, PouringRain

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, happysobercrafter, KD1980, MickeyCheeky, PouringRain