View Single Post
The Madcap

Member Since Nov 2014
39 hugs
given
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 06:51 PM

So I’ve always thought maybe I may have High Functioning Autism or Aspergers. My whole life I’ve felt different from everyone (not in a superior kind of way) I’ve just felt like an oddball and or weirdo. I just don’t know how to act in social situations, and I feel awkward in public. For example, at my step dads family reunion, I hadn’t seen my cousins in a while and I wasn’t sure whether I should hug them or shake their hand or fist bump them and it was really awkward. I can have a conversation with people but sometimes I mess up and say something stupid because of my anxiety. Also when I was little and even now, I can’t look people in the eyes, I don’t know why, when I got to be a teen I ended up growing my hair to cover my eyes as an excuse. With every job I’ve had I’ve always felt I did a terrible job at them since I couldn’t follow directions and didn’t get what my trainer was saying and I’m going through that right now and it just makes me feel depressed and stupid, I also felt that way in school, the only subjects I was good at were the ones I was interested in and I really hyper focused with those ones. Now don’t get me wrong, when it comes to a subject I’m super interested in I’m really smart at that, even if I only have a few things I’m interested in (politics, video games, technology) when I was younger my teachers had a meeting with my mom, thinking I had ADD as well. Another thing to add, I was always sensitive to light/the sun, when water hit my face I hated it (especially in the shower) and loud noises were terrible (monster truck show for example) I don’t think I have extreme autism however since I’ve proven to do things independently (such as buying greyhound tickets and booking a hotel and going out of state to see my girlfriend) I just feel I have high functioning autism and or Aspergers. What does everyone think?

Also one more thing to add, sometimes I randomly find myself rocking back and forth, and I’ve been doing this since my early teens.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Rose76, TheNightWhistle, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky