Rose76
Legendary

Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 09:36 PM

I ate and took my pills. They provided that nice temporary lift that's fizzling out now.

He's in need of extra care tonight. I'll manage okay. He keeps developing more problems on top of his old ones. It's outpacing my ability to keep up. I'm not as young as I was when he first started needing care, which wasn't young either. He's lucky he got as much out of me as he did.

Aging is taking a toll on me too. Today I can just about walk on my left foot - Achilles tendinosis. Tomorrow I have to take him to the VA for some tests.

I better put some calls in tomorrow and make appointments to visit some facilities on Thurs. when I don't have a busy day. At least, I've made a decision. Something in me snapped, and I know I have to arrange other care for him. I'm resigned to that, and I'm resolved to proceed. There's risk involved. He's not going to get great care . . . not in the Medicaid-reliant dumps in the backward state where I live. I'll visit and do some hygiene and wound care. But I'm going to do some letting go. Till now I really never have. I'll have to. I'm just spent. More mentally than physically. Part of that is him not being the most cooperative or responsible person to care for. Some of the results of that are going to have to be on him.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Mopey, saidso, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey, unaluna