View Single Post
lostnthought

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Apr 03, 2019 at 06:01 AM

Some wise words from other posters.

Personally, I don't care for labels. They're like wearing other people's cloths, a bit too small, a bit too big, a bit too scratchy and uncomfortable for me. What's most important, I think, is to get to know yourself, and like yourself, for who you are.

A lot of us are shy and anxious in social situations. It's ok, good I think, to enjoy thoughtful time alone. That's where I find contentment. But I know it's important, on occasion, to put ourselves in those uncomfortable situations, keep pushing the boundaries. Kind of like working out those social muscles. They come in handy from time-to-time.

Few friends? Some of us are just super selective in who we call a friend. I think it's important, friendship, not something to be taken so casually. And no one could be a more loyal friend, or husband.

The ability to be hyper focused, as someone with Asperger's, is a rare talent. Not everyone can fall in love with a subject, spend hours, days even, completely absorbed in a project. Channel that into something useful, and you'll be quite successful in life. Normal just can't compete.

I don't care for labels. Its more important, I think, to get to know yourself, and like yourself, for who you are.
lostnthought is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky