View Single Post
ablankscript
ablankscript has no updates.

8 yr Member
6 hugs
given
Default Apr 03, 2019 at 06:15 AM

I have just been there, and realized you really can't worry about it if you do you end up like the pharisees who are outwardly holy men, but inwardly not. And then there is the problem of unholy thoughts, and just having them made me feel absolutely damned. Then I studied where they came from and what they are and I realised they aren't coming from "me." This is what I learned. I am not the mind, if I were I would have complete control of it I could simply stop being OCD if that were the case. But the mind is a tool, for instance I can control my breathing, but I am not my lungs and they continue working despite me. The mind I can control like my lungs to think about something, but like the lungs it continues working despite me and not always to my betterment, but I shouldn't stress about it because the mind is supposed to be alert and active in order for our survival so it needs food, shelter, water, and to mate and etc. But besides this I felt God would know if it was just OCD driving me towards religion so I wouldn't get any extra points. It is said man can do nothing, but begin the spiritual journey and through God's grace we are changed, but that is the thing we can't force ourselves on God the more we try the more elusive God is.

Last edited by ablankscript; Apr 03, 2019 at 06:27 AM..
ablankscript is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, sadveiledbride