View Single Post
TheNightWhistle

Member Since Mar 2019
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 03, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedTapir View Post
Recently I have been really struggling to cope with my mental heath.
I am currently waiting to get a new therapist and have got at least another month to wait.
I find it very hard to call helplines as I have trouble speaking on the phone. I have tried emailing/chatting but these conversations are never really helpful and always seem to fizzle out.
I have tried making friends online but these friendships never seem to end well. I can't talk to friends or family or anyone I know in person about my issues.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any alternatives to get support during hard times?

Thanks
I'm sorry that you don't have a network of friends or family to support you in your time of need. Sometimes, when I'm feeling stressed, I like to do something that I enjoy to get my mind off my problems. Play a game, draw or paint something, listen to music, whatever.

On the subject of hobbies and interests, I'm sure there's a class or group at your local community center that you can take that might interest you, and you might make some friends in the process. Just an idea.

Thanks for this!
StripedTapir