here today
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2019 at 03:27 AM

Hi folks,

I've been hanging out mostly in the Psychotherapy forum recently, trying to deal with my great disappointment it didn't fix me and turn me into a wonderful person who could handle the problems and pitfalls of life with no sweat! Seriously -- semi-seriously. My cognitive side knows that's ridiculous, my emotional side not so much.

So I had missed the discussion earlier in this thread about getting toward the end of life, and appreciated what folks said.

For the last several months I've been clearing out the accumulation in my house, my home for the last 30 years, preparing to move across the country near my my son and his family. I'm not needing assisted living or nursing home care yet, but there are days when I definitely feel it coming on. The clearing out has just been awful, overshadowing any happiness or excitement about moving to something different.

Looking back, some things turned out better than I ever would have expected, some things turned out terrible, worse than I ever expected.

My husband and a friend kept on keeping on, until they were gone. I guess I'll try to do that, too.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IowaFarmGal, Nammu, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, Travelinglady