View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2019 at 09:37 AM

I agree in that you might try to find a support group.

A support group is not therapy. You don't have to even participate, they are usually peer moderated, and I have found them comforting to know there are people quite similar to me. They also are a very good way to get yourself out. I have a hunch that you are self-isolating. If this is correct, getting yourself out and among people will do you well.

I had been self-isolating for some time and it wasn't until I found my own support group that I was able to take down the barriers I had put up. It was very healthy for me to go as, for a time, it was the only occasion I spent around other people. Slowly but surely it got easier and easier until eventually I was not just participating but eventually became a group moderator. So too did my relationships with the other attendees change. I began to look forward to seeing these people and found that there became a social component to attending.

So, if you are alone, isolated, and trying to cope I recommend finding a group to attend. I would start with looking for a Mood Disorders Group.

Good luck. Please take care. Be proactive.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
StripedTapir