View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 04, 2019 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
When she excludes you, does she make it obvious that she's doing that or does she come up with excuses to make it not look like it's her fault? Often times passive-aggressive people play innocent ("Oh, the kids changed their minds at last minute and wanted to go somewhere else," etc.) so that confronting them would render useless.

This is a different kind of the abuser's "You owe me" in a form of a sense of entitlement, accompanied by a threat. It's an incredibly -tough situation.
It is incredibly tough b/c my sister lies to me all the time about her kids availability to spend time with me. I will suggest weekend dates or times, to which she always shoots down, citing "oh the kids have such and such activity that day" and how am I supposed to know if it's true or not? She always plays innocent but I can see behind that facade as I've caught her in lies which just enrages her. It's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

Oh Blanche that’s terrible. It’s good that you care so much about your nieces and nephews.
Thanks sarahsweets. I do care about them, but I have no way to know what my sister tells them about me as she only lets me see them on holidays and birthdays. She won't let me hang out with them like take them to a movie or play or go to lunch or anything as if I'm some kind of criminal which of course I'm not. We did family therapy after our father died and she called out my sister and brother as narcissists, and that prompted them both to quit the family therapy sessions which I felt was a victory in a way. Another person recognized their patterns of abuse, called them on it, and in response they ran away from the family therapy b/c they wanted to continue to triangulate me without being held accountable. I just can't win.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949