Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2019 at 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I try really hard to give advice or support and I know that I can be direct or blunt. Its the ignore function thats getting to me. I just realized that I am on someone's ignore list and I liked her and thought she liked me. It drives me mad that I cant apologize or make things right. I do not have anyone on my ignore list her or at another forum I use because I believe there is value in what most people say. And I think I may be on a person's ignore list at the other place but its only alerted me once. How can I stop taking this so personal. I am not like this in real life. I try to be accountable and I have no issues acknowledging if I hurt someone's feelings or need to make amends. I am starting to think I may be a terrible person and just am too dumb to get it. I am not trying to fish for compliments here, I am seriously asking if I give off a "terrible person" vibe and just not know it?
the ignore feature isnt about you. its about the person who has you on ignore.

heres an example

if you were out walking and you saw a green car that got hit by a blue car. then the next day while you are out walking a blue car passes you. the driver and car didnt do anything to you, but suddenly you are having a panic attack because you are remembering that accident you witnessed the day before.

it was no ones fault just an accident but the colors blue and green cause you to have a panic attach every time you see one. what do you do... ?

most people avoid or make is so that they dont have to be around those colors until they are in a place where those colors dont bother them any more. they ignore it, they take a different route on their walk they do everything they can to not get that panic attack even if it means looking down while they walk instead of seeing the colors blue and green.

the online ignore feature is like that. its not about you and whether you are a good person or not. its about that other persons triggers. the ignore feature is a self care feature that allows others to control their self and their own triggers.

there are many times when I come online and I may have a handful of people on ignore and other days only those that asked to be there and still other times lots of people. its not about the people, its about my own triggers. today that trigger may be a color seen in someones post or tomorrow it may be a legless animal seen in someones post, or it may be that I just dont want to see that topic every time I am reading...

my point is its not you, the ignore feature is nether a punishment nor says whether someone is good or bad, its just about that persons own triggers and that they are taking good self care of them selves.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, avlady, Fuzzybear, LadyShadow, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
guilloche, HD7970GHZ, Iloivar, LadyShadow, Lorap541, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, sarahsweets