View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 05, 2019 at 02:03 PM

Routine is pretty crucial for my med-taking reliability, too. I imagine that living in a dorm does make such routines a little tougher than for people who live at home and can establish daily routines (and have some privacy about when/where you take pills).

Though I don't use it, many I know set alarms on their cell phones. Since many people have their phones on them almost all of the time, this is definitely a good option for many. If one still tends to miss an alarm, a second alarm "Did you remember your meds at 8 am" could be set at 9 am.

Another idea is to take your meds the moment you can get your feet over the side of the bed. I used to take a medication right from my bed. I always had a glass of water on my bed stand and the pill box right next to it. If you share a room and are reluctant to leave a pill box out [By the way, use pill boxes unless you only take a couple pills max.] you can buy a pretty box and put your pill box in the box. Another good idea if you fear someone may steal some pills (like a benzo), definitely use Monday-Sunday pill boxes and then lock up the pill bottles. I think people would be far less likely to steal a pill from a Monday-Sunday pill box than from a pill bottle. It's easier to figure out that a pill is missing.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote