View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Apr 05, 2019 at 05:31 PM

One reason I hate dental work. My teeth are fine then I go there to get something done that is supposed to "fix" them.

I had a root canal done. It was done in 2 parts. This is the first time they did it in this way. After the first part, my gum was ripped to shreds. It hurt a lot. But I spent the weekend eating only once per day and using warm salt water and it seemed better on Monday. Now it is gone. Phew.

When I went for round two the dentist, of course, blamed it on me. "Are you prone to canker sores" err, no, you attached the dam too tight and high and it ripped my gums apart.

So I got part two done. The good news... the tooth it was done on doesn't hurt at all. The bad news, the tooth next to it KILLS. I can't eat on it. It also weirdly feels like it is too long. My suspicion is two fold, (1) some sort of medical equipment was resting against it (the drill?) and irritated the nerve and or (2) the temp crown has pushed the other tooth into a different position that is making my occlusion off.

But I don't want to go to the dentist... because every time I go they just make it worse.

Then on the other side of the mouth, one of my lower teeth either had some of a filling come out or it feels weird but it keeps sort of catching on my tongue.

Very frustrated.

I have decided for the weekend I am going to take motrin every 4 hours for a sustained period to see if I can tap down the pain. I might also eat only once. a day.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, Travelinglady