sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2019 at 07:57 AM

The fear of being alone or lonely is a very strong motivator and can really keep you locked into bad relationships for too long. I was in a bad relationship with a BF when I was 18. I also met my husband that same year. In order to date my husband I had to break up with the BF but we had been together for 2 years and I was so worried about being rejected or not loved or alone that I almost stayed with him. If I had, I probably would not have married my husband,although our love story is like Kismet- being alone is very painful and scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache11 View Post
Thank you both. I really appreciate you sharing your story as well with me, I'm sorry you went through that.

I hate that I've given her so much control over me with me making my whole life around her. I know I can do better and I hate myself right now because I feel stuck. I'm a very attractive guy with a nice paying job and no kids so I know I can find someone but it's the letting go I'm afraid of. I feel like I need to secretly get over her while I still have the comfort of her being around and I'm not sure how to do that without feeling like I'm cheating.

We just got off the phone and she just made it clear that she doesn't want to work on us while im trying my best to do extra things for us. Shes disquising me as controlling and maybe I am a little im just not ready for certain things in our current state....

Thank you so much though. This forum is really helping a lot because I'm on the edge

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, MickeyCheeky