Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2019 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreg View Post
Is this projection? I often run these mental movies where another person is being overly critical of some simple task I'm engaged in. Often it's an old woman, a motherly type giving guidance. Like " okay now flip the egg over slowly, easy now. Watch it! too close to the edge of the pan."

Are these attitudes I have towards other people? As in they are poor drivers, can't speak clearly, have some annoying habit etc. Is this saying I need to be a more accepting, patient person-of me and others?
here where I am no this is not projection.

here when someone is having mental movies going and imagining conversations where someone else is being critical is called "daydreaming" and using ones imagination

here where I am projection is when you are actually with someone and you are getting angry so you tell the other person something like dont get mad at me. when they are not the one that is angry.

another word for projection here where I am is called "transference"

I have noticed online that sometimes this is used to mean what my location calls attraction but here where I am we have definite definitions and boundaries on all three of these words and their definitions.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear