Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2019 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
Is this “normal” for parents to lie to, abuse, blame and abandon their child? And to force them to be seen and not heard?
I don't think it is "NORMAL" for functional parents to do this..at least the lie to, abuse, blame, & abandon part.

I think it has been normal in the past for parents to enforce the seen & not heard....BUT that was more in relation to NOT INTERRUPTING when they were talking to each other OR other adults in my own personal experience.

Even my dysfunctional parents didn't lie, abuse, blame or abandon me & basically non of the parents in my neighborhood I grew up in treated their kids that way except maybe one or 2 but I really didn't associate with those families.

Lol....my dad had a different functioning mind & I learned young to not believe what he said but I attributed it to him not being well educated not to actual lying. I NEVER valued their opinions because I never thought they knew what they were talking about.....that is a whole other issue that just was incapable of any support other than food & a roof. But I did bribe my dad to teach me how to drive starting at the age of 13 (not on city streets but out on deserted desert roads when they insisted on my going on sunday afternoon drives with them).

I was very different than my dysfunctional parents & they honestly had no idea & were not capable of encouraging & supporting any excelling in those differences. What I did was hard work on my own. The good thing I can say for them that while they were not capable of actual support they also never got in my way. They just had no money to encourage those things with lessons. My only abilities came from what I got in school & worked hard to achieve.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear