Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2019 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstream View Post
I wonder if the persistent feeling of emptiness I have is related to Childhood Emotional Neglect. Can anyone relate?
From my own personal experience wuth my dysfunctional parents who were incapable of really emotionally connecting with anyone.....I grew up & spent 54 years of my life wondering if that superficial feeling without connection was all there really was to relarionships.

If I had known better I wouldn't have married the guy I did because he was just like my parents totally incapable of emotionally connecting & I thought that was NORMAL.

It wasn't till I finally got out of that marriage & my dog Leo was the one that taught me what emotionally connecting felt like. From there I was able to learn & experience it with the wonderful NEW people who are now in my life after moving 2100 miles away to a place where I knew no one. It was actually like having a second chance at life.

At first I felt uncomfortable feeling & it was fleeting & unsure until I gained trust in the people in my life (for really the first time) & I felt safe being me.

That "empty" feeling of not connecting at anything but a surface level has left me. I still have some people I connect at that level with but most people in my life have helped me change that feeling to a "warm fuzzy" feeling of care

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mountainstream, Thirty shades