View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 04:07 AM

I wanted to share an article from a blog and start a thread on it.
It is the best piece of journalism (are blogs journalism?) I have ever read about GOOP and Gwenyth Paltrow's snake oil brand of health and wellness. It isn't a hit piece necessarily, unless you consider science and facts defamatory. It is written by a peer reviewed, cited physician on her Women's health& wellness blog. It doesn't seem to be selling or promoting anything but there are some curse words in it- not at or about Gwenyth but in a conversational, self deprecating way Like "WTF is she talking about?" Or "Holy *****" Its not littered with them and I couldn't seem to find any crass body part references. It would be a good read for people that like science, hate snake oil saleswomen and elitist health claims.
I think its an informational piece that many people would find stimulating but it particular women. It could generate some good discussions.
Would that be allowed? And if so, which forum and section? I do not want it to get lost in the fun social sections but it doesn't seem to fit in a mental health section. Let me know what you all think..oh and of course whatever a moderator suggests goes so Mods, weigh in if you can.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote