View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I think sometimes families feel like they are responsible for their child's/ relative mental health and welfare that goes beyond basic care for the child/support for the adult. Its almost like acknowledging your issues somehow makes them feel blamed as if they purposefully ignored something. Even worse is when they DID purposely ignore something and they are now reckoning with that guilt. Also, some families like to think that their issues are SO much worse than yours and they are SO unique and that no one could possibly know how awful they feel. None of that is fair of course....

Very true:/... it definitely feels like they don’t want to admit to some of the things I’ve gone through or felt... my parents split up when i was 5 so from a very young age i was exposed to the verbal abuse, and witnessing it between them as well. Then at one point, maybe 9 or 10 they stopped talking to eachother completely and I became the middle man/ messenger.
“Tell your mom to pay for your school trip”
“Tell your dad to take you to band practice “
“Your mom is the reason we dont have money and cant do fun things!”
“Your dad is the reason you can participate in those activities!”
“Your grandparents have turned your mom against me!”
“Your dad didnt even want to be there when you were born!”

.... so it was like... well wtf am I supposed to believe??... so not only now was it my parents but also my grandparents it was both whole sides of my family i was like, well who can I trust?? So as an adult i guess they swept those things under the rug and remarried etc etc went on with their lives and kinda left me in the dark... and when i tried to confront them, again I’m just dramatic:/ or I’m the one who needs help or yo be medicated or whatever... it’s definitely painful [emoji17]
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seesaw

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets