View Single Post
Anonymous45521
Anonymous45521 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 07, 2019 at 12:03 PM

So I finally did it. I ordered the "total gym" for my basement. Back in 2017 I actually refurbished my basement with the idea that I would immediately make it a gym but it has been difficult.

I am ashamed to admit this but I have held off because the gym will come to my door but I am unsure if I can get it into my house. Also, I don't want this to happen.... everyone sees that I am struggling with it and they try to help me get it in. IMHO that is so embarrassing.

I had considered hiring someone to do this but I couldn't see a way to get it to their door and get them over to my house without an even bigger issue. I might pay someone to assemble it if it is difficult.

So my boss is off this entire week and I think it will arrive someplace around Thursday. Whatever day it is supposed to come I will take off and struggle with it when no one is home.

I decided I have to do weight lifting. I have tried it at the gym but it never really stuck. I think there are a few problems

1. embarrassment
2. weight machines are always in use
3. getting to the gym
4. At the gym I lose about 30 minutes of my time in travel to and from.

I have decided that gaining muscle is the MOST important thing as I get older. First, doing that should help me to avoid falling and instability. And I feel like I have an anemic metabolism. To me that is a sign I need to lift weights.

I am hoping I can make this a weekend habit at least. 3 x per week. I now may order a tv for down there.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks