View Single Post
DapperChapper

Member Since Feb 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 04:03 PM

This is my first time writing about something like this, so forgive me if I don’t make a lot of sense. Recently, I’ve found myself thinking about self-injury more and more. Several years ago, if the image ever popped into my head I’d push it out again right away and give it no more thought. However, over the last few days/weeks/months (I honestly have no idea how long it’s been), the idea of taking a knife/razor and cutting my wrists/arms with it has been popping into my head more and more, and it takes more effort to make the idea go away. The idea of actually thinking about self-injury is usually enough to shock me and put the image out of my head, but I’m concerned that it’s happening more regularly. I tell myself it’s something I’ll never do, but I am worried about how things have escalated.

I want to clarify that I have never actually self-injured in the above method. If I’m really stressed, I might run my nails across my wrists a few times (or more, if I’m really stressed). If I’m alone and feeling really bad I might want to hit my head on something (e.g. a desk) or maybe take an object and hit myself over the head with it. Neither of these has happened often, but they have happened. That’s the closest I’ve come though.

Simply through the idea of auto suggestion, it’s impossible to *never* think about self-harm, but I’m starting to worry I’m thinking about it too much, even if I tell myself I’ll never do it. I suppose I’m writing this because I want to know if I should be concerned about this. What should I do?
DapperChapper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, SlumberKitty, StripedTapir