View Single Post
saranity92

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 09:09 PM

I am a 36 yo woman who recently realized I most likely have high-functioning autism. The realization was like a light bulb for me, so many things about my childhood suddenly make sense like my many weird obsessions and my need to feel yarn under my fingernails to relax (I do this every single day and have since childhood.) I could list 20 more things but won't bore everyone.

I guess I'm looking for resources to help me manage some issues related to this. For example, one problem I have is that I sometimes copy the way people around me talk. Usually someone close to me that I spend a lot of time with. Not just an accent or phrase but the emphasis they put on syllables, the way they word things. It was pointed out to me a long time ago and I've been self-concious of it, but sometimes just can't help myself. That persons voice seems to become my inner voice.

I am working on my teaching license and I'm worried because my mentor teachers voice seems to get stuck in my head. I worry I will start talking like him and people will think I'm creepy! It seems like a dumb thing to worry about on top of everything else in my life....but I'm very curious if anyone else ever had this problem?
saranity92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks