Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2019 at 11:39 AM

It's important to recognize the dysfunction this guy is showing you. Your gut was telling you something was off, well now you know. It's equally important that you pay attention to whatever things you did yourself in this relationship as you engaged in drinking with him. It''s very important that you recognize your part in this dysfunction otherwise you may very well end up in yet another dysfunctional relationship.

You want to embrace that you deserve better, but you have to really take the time to pay attention to the things that you accept that instead should be red flags to you that you are entering into yet another unhealthy situation. It's not unusual to miss important red flags, I know this first hand in that I myself missed them. It happens unless one is willing to take the time to work through their own past and learn about the things that affected them that they did not realize. It's easier today than when I went through this challenge myself. Today so much more is known and understood than it was when I was younger.

You need to learn how to recognize the red flags you miss and why so you can make better choices.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Gymgirl71, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky