Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymgirl71 View Post
Yes and it’s especially true since my own father is an alcoholic and it’s a trigger. I never told him it was a trigger for me. I should have. Does he think alcohol helps with libido? He usually drinks on the weekend all weekend Friday-Sunday. Then tells me “it’s a cultural thing” last week, he drank EVERYDAY..he recognized this was bad but yet he had a couple drinks on Saturday afternoon..then Sunday it’s an intimacy issue..but yeah your right, most likely all he will do this weekend as use it as a day to be a dead beat and drink some more..I’m not enabling his bad behavior..I have higher standards.
The thing about alcoholism Gymgirl, is it's often used and escape from "self" and not being able to handle one's life challenges. Actually, it has been discovered that a lot of individuals who develop alcoholism and additions have been traumatized, often struggle with ptsd and use the alcohol as a way to escape and self medicate. Some of these individuals can be very insecure, have low self esteem and are secretly unhappy with themselves.

His telling you "it's a cultural thing", is a bunch of crap and instead it's more likely he learned how to escape through alcohol through his family and piers that also became alcoholics.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky