View Single Post
Blackice1993

Member Since Apr 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2019 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
I have dealt with a feeling of deep emptiness all my life. I recently read that this can be caused by childhood emotional neglect. I certainly grew up with that. Just wondering if anyone else has a recurring feeling of emptiness? If so, how do you manage it? Did you ever find a way to let go of it or begin to feel whole or complete? If you have not found something to help, please feel free to share anyway. It's an awful lonely feeling. Not something I feel comfortable discussing in the non-PC world. it would help to hear from others who also feel this way.
Yeah, I also used to feel that way. Actually, in my case, on some days I used to feel empty inside, almost like having a hole in my chest, while on other days I felt a lot of sadness because I felt like an alien on Earth, wanting to be understood by others, but felt like no one cared.

One way I overcame it (which I mentioned in my blog in one of my first posts) is by practicing self-validation/self-love. The way you do that is by thinking up, and writing down personality traits that you like about yourself, as well as writing down any talents you have, or any of your achievements, and then asking yourself why you like these things about yourself. So for example:

1. I never give up when it comes to reaching my goals, and I like that about myself because not everyone has that kind of will when they want attain something.

Childhood Emotional Neglect happens when your parent(s) invalidate your feelings growing up, perhaps because they thought that if feelings weren't talked about at home, then you would've gotten over your hurt feelings faster, or because avoiding discussing feelings would've prevented rocking the boat (or so they thought). You pretty much grow to be disconnected from your feelings, and invalidating your own feelings, although once you start validating yourself, you also start getting more in touch with your feelings.

https://authenticyou93.blogspot.com/

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076

Thanks for this!
Nowlosingsanity, zapatoes