View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM

Thank you all for your replies! I’d like to reply individually but I don’t have the time right now.

In sum, I do have a balance between my online and offline friendships, however, for those of us who are middle aged, as you must know it becomes harder to see people. Many friends are married with kids, or traveling for business or just plain out of state and too far away.

I do get out and socialize every week with friends. I have a large circle of IRL people that I see almost weekly. I just met or mingled into this circle in the last year, so I’m not that close with anyone yet. But I also have several long time friends that I rarely get to see due to circumstances and life.

I disagree that online friendships are not real friendships, though I agree it can be easier to ghost and/or be meaner because you don’t have the face to face.

Over recent years I’ve become involved in online forums, hence the online friendships. They’re kind of new to me in a way. So I’m figuring them out as I go along.

When I was single, I was a lot more socially active. Now that I’m coupled up I’m very content and happy to stay at home snuggled with my partner. We are doing this more often together, though we still get out and socialize.

So I hope that explains things a bit more.

I think this one woman I’m talking about is just more self absorbed in general and leans on me for support when needed. I’ve told her in the past that it felt more one sided. She didn’t agree or see my point.

I may just back away from her. I think I will. It’s not serving much purpose in my life anymore. Or I’m giving a lot more than I get back.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672