Thread: And it is over
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Hello Chaotic Enigma. Sorry you are going through a divorce. It can be really stressful but keep looking ahead to the future....brighter times ahead. Divorce is such a mind-altering phenomenon. The reality is that it can lead some spouses to do wildly inappropriate things. So the key is to keep focusing on yourself (and your children of course if you're a parent) and be as reasonable and calm as possible while a professional advocates for your rights. We cannot change other people; we can only change how we respond to them. A tug of war cannot continue if one side lets go of the rope.

I recommend hiring an attorney to advocate for your rights and wishes. Do you have children? Best to have some sort of professional mediator if you are arguing about a custody agreement. Don't say anything negative about your spouse to your children. Honor their relationship with him/her and keep your feelings about your spouse separate. Choose a friend or someone else you really trust and vent to them when you are feeling angry or frustrated with your spouse. Do you have a support network? That could be invaluable. Are you open to speaking with a therapist? On your own I mean. That really helped me to keep my peace and heal during/after my divorce.

I wish you peace, hope, and a bright future.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky