View Single Post
Anonymous49426

Default Apr 10, 2019 at 03:23 PM

I think this is a great idea you've raised. I think it may be a product of the society and world we live in. I think the way to move on from that is to have a loving awareness around the things that come up in your mind. Loving awareness is really just noticing your thoughts and behaviors without judging yourself. Just notice. And if you do judge, just notice that too. It's a bit Buddhist. I find it helps me. Another thing that has helped me not be as biased (and I am still biased even if I don't want to be, and I think you're right, most of us are, unless we are actively working to change it) is to read books on social issues and be around minorities more. I joined a Unitarian church and their way of thinking was so foreign to me. It took a while to understand and not be weirded out by them. Maybe minorities isn't the right word. Maybe just listen period. Listen to people who weird you out. Who confuse you. Who don't seem to make sense. You don't have to agree. I've found that after a while, of listening, and being open, I see things in a different light.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
KD1980, sarahsweets