View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Question Apr 10, 2019 at 07:04 PM

Hi...I am a new member to PC. (Joined yesterday.) I have been dealing with dissociation since I was young. Over 40 years. But I am only just now beginning to realize the possibility of DID. There are lightbulb moments of times in my life that now make sense.

This is a scary subject for me to discuss with others who don't understand...and I am pretty sure my therapist has never worked with DID before. So it is like a giant learning expedition. I will see a new psych at the end of the month for a fresh "big picture" evaluation, since I have had more than a dozen therapists and psychs over the years, many diagnoses, many medications, etc...but I always jumped or ran and started all over again, which kept the dis-order piece going.

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing, how long did the discovery process take? There seems to be a wide spectrum of dissociative symptoms that cross over with other diagnoses. Some need medication and some might not. Sometimes things seem clear and other times I wonder if I am imagining things? Obsessing about what to call it?

Thanks for being here.

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451, rainbow8

Thanks for this!
Amyjay