View Single Post
Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Thanks HD, I also have recently been blocked by someone who is very prolific and I had no idea what if anything I did “wrong”...

I think I’ll delete my other post I made here in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7970GHZ View Post
Hi Sarahsweets,

Thanks for posting this thread.

I empathize with you and I can guarantee that a lot of fellow users can as well!

It is hard not to take blocking personally, but there are MANY people on Psych Central with a vast array of particular issues: each with its own set of triggers. While we can do everything possible to sensor and cator to the majority of users - we cannot possibly cator to all of them. What may help one - may trigger another. It's not that we want to intentionally trigger others - it is that we can inadvertently do it even if we spent countless hours carefully combing over what we write. I have found this to be the case many times and I know it has nothing to do with me, it has more to do with them. Coming to terms with this can take time, but rest in knowing that this is common, especially online. Trauma is delicate and extremely complex - no amount of understanding can possibly allow us the insight necessary to impress and cator to everyone's uniqueness at all times.

It makes sense that you are offended by this, especially when you want to help others and even more-so if you are sensitive. Clearly rejection is a trigger of yours and I am sorry that you are experiencing this. It is a trigger of mine as well. Perhaps this is an opportunity to explore this particular trigger of yours and work on it. If you need closure with the user who blocked you - feel free to write about it on the forums and ask for support like you have done in this thread. I think it is an important topic and your emotions are valid. Be sure to be gentle with yourself and explore any guilt or shame that you may be feeling. Use the negative emotion as fuel to continue helping others!

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

Hugs from:
Anonymous49426, guilloche, HD7970GHZ, hvert, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, sarahsweets