View Single Post
rowanbriody

Member Since Apr 2019
4 hugs
given
Heart Apr 10, 2019 at 10:54 PM

You should talk to the counselor indefinitely. And continue to talk and ask for advice on what you should do. If you tell your counselor not to call your Mom, then it has to be respected. But if the counselor believes that you are being abused or in danger, then by law she is required to alert Child Services, who will investigate the case, and find concrete evidence of abuse. If you have text messages from your mother, that are hurtful, or threatening then screen shot them. I would recommend voice recording conversations, therefor if she says that she is going to physically abuse you, there would be proof. At your age, if you are taken by Child Services, you would more likely be put in the foster care system, or family (depending on situation). I experienced this a lot when I was a teenager. My advice is to contact someone and find help. During the time your case is being investigated, be a "golden daughter" and do what she asks ect. Maybe joining in after school clubs to have the chance to be away from here for a longer period of time. I understand how hard it is, I never felt loved as a teen, I was the "Cinderella" and the punching bag for my Mother. Depending on the severity of the case, it could take a month to up to a year. Hang in there, and try not to listen to the negativity of your mother, who is probably putting her own insecurities on you. There are many websites that help kids and teens with abuse, maybe try and talk to one of them or in general find more information on your state's CPS (Child protective services) it will be able to inform you what is evidence, what is illegal, and other ways on how to find help. I'm sorry that you have had this kind of traumatic childhood, but I am happy that you are reaching out for help.