View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 06:59 AM

I've gotten a lot of great feedback here, so thank you everyone. I've thought about it more, and to me, with some of these women online I've felt closer to than other women in my life because I've revealed some pretty deep things about myself that I may not share with others in person. Mental health forums & other online forums do that... .they open you up to revealing aspects of yourself you may not otherwise reveal to the rest of the world. So when I've shared such deep and intimate details of my life and my emotional state with another, it feels like a true friendship and closeness. Now I know some on here have said it's not a real friendship but to me it truly is. That's just my own experience and perspective on it. So, yes, I've been let down and disappointed by a few women whom I thought were true friends. I guess I was wrong to think that just because we share ourselves intimately, that that translates to how you would operate in a true friendship when it's face to face. Although I've been disappointed by some of those friendships too. I guess the bottom line is: some people are just disappointing, whether that be online or offline.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Apr 11, 2019 at 07:20 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote