Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I've gotten a lot of great feedback here, so thank you everyone. I've thought about it more, and to me, with some of these women online I've felt closer to than other women in my life because I've revealed some pretty deep things about myself that I may not share with others in person. Mental health forums & other online forums do that... .they open you up to revealing aspects of yourself you may not otherwise reveal to the rest of the world. So when I've shared such deep and intimate details of my life and my emotional state with another, it feels like a true friendship and closeness. Now I know some on here have said it's not a real friendship but to me it truly is. That's just my own experience and perspective on it. So, yes, I've been let down and disappointed by a few women whom I thought were true friends. I guess I was wrong to think that just because we share ourselves intimately, that that translates to how you would operate in a true friendship when it's face to face. Although I've been disappointed by some of those friendships too. I guess the bottom line is: some people are just disappointing, whether that be online or offline.
I do not think you are wrong about how you understand online friendship. It’s just others might not see it that way. It’s not right or wrong. And it’s understndable to expect decent treatment. For example if I decide to get off PC permanently or temporarily, I’d inform few people I talk to on here in PM. I’d not just vanish. So if people take a break from online communication, they better tell whoever they communicate with that they are too busy etc
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope