View Single Post
Monkey1111

Member Since May 2017
20 hugs
given
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM

A couple months ago I tried to kill myself by jumping off a bridge, but a good samaritan who was passing by stopped me from doing it and called 911. The police took me to the psych hospital, and then pretty quickly after my admission I got diagnosed schizoaffective.

Here's the thing, most of my symptoms are related to past traumas. I have flashbacks where I hallucinate, but I don't have hallucinations that are unrelated to my past. Ever. And I haven't really been manic, I don't think. At least not in any noticeable way. Mostly just depressed.

And the meds that my doctor put me on are making things worse. I don't sleep as well, not that I slept well before. And I have been generally doing quite poorly mood wise. I'm on a cocktail of various medications, but generally they make me flat and depressed. Not better.

The doctor doesn't want to hear it, and he says that if I miss an appointment or don't take my meds, he'll have me sectioned. And he says he'll send me to a hospital where they will "keep me for months". I really don't know what to do here. The doctor has gotten terrible reviews, people say that he pretty much just overprescribes to the point of traquilizing people.

But I'm not sure if insurance would cover anyone else in a way that I can afford. If I see someone else, I'm going to pay an arm and a leg. I'm not really sure what to do here.
Monkey1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, rhinoinpain, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn