Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Hello folks,

I find watching the news quite upsetting. It's inherently biased and can paint a very grim picture of the world by only reporting the very worst things happening in society. At the same time, I also want to have a good sense of what's occurring in the world....including some positive things. Here's my question: has anyone found a way to stay informed without watching the nightly horror show that is "the news?" I should mention that I live with depression and also fall higher on the empathy scale...I am sometimes prone to negative empathy. I realize that some folks might watch the news and not feel overly troubled by it....this is just my own personal reaction.

Any ideas?
intead of watching the news what about finding your news websites. then only clicking into the stories you want to read about. thats what I do when I am in a very triggering place. I go to my local news websites and be very choosy on which articles i want to read about. also news websites have more than what they broadcast. they dont have time on live tv to show everything so they show the key headlines that are of interest to a majority of their audience. my local news has not only the headlines around the world but the good things too even contests and goings on in my community.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote