View Single Post
Anonymous48672
Anonymous48672 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 11, 2019 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveljunkie View Post
Hello...so my boyfriend and I have not really been seeing eye to eye so we decided to take some space for a few days to reflect and talk after the weekend. I’m here to distract myself. I am codependent he isn’t..part of our issues. He’s hanging out with friends etc but I’m obsessing as to when we will see eachother again when I’m reality, I should be living life and give it a few days and wait to have a discussion..just a side note: we have been texting and talking almost everyday so we have been in contact but just not nonstop.
Have you sought any therapy for your codependency issues? As a codependent myself, I found that cognitive therapy and dialectical behavior therapy has really helped me determine what my triggers are, why I attract verbally abusive men, and how I can reframe my responses and communicate my boundaries better so that I stop attracting the wrong kind of men into my life.

It's very telling to me, that you need to probably address your codependency if you're spending time obsessing about when you'll see your boyfriend again. So, taking "space" away from him, isn't really productive for you in the long run, if you're not going to actually give him space.

Talking and texting every day isn't giving each other space. Once you two agree to end contact with each other, then you can reflect on your relationship properly. But what you're doing right now, staying in touch with him, seems a bit like you're smothering each other.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote