View Single Post
Traveljunkie

Member Since Apr 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
you're right, taking the time for yourself will be best here and not focus on the issues. If you're taking a break with the intention of coming back together to discuss, continually talking and texting is really defeating the purpose of having space, for both of you.

If you're involved very seriously with someone and you happen to have hit some bumps in the road along the way, it is a good idea to step away and give each other space for a number of reasons, especially when you can't see eye to eye on the subject at hand. It does a couple of things for you both. When you're always together, you find comfort in that and sometimes become complacent and take it for granted. Nothing weird about that, it's human nature. the temporary separation will allow you to feel the absence of the other person helping you to "miss" them and thus conjuring up warmer feelings for each other. This will help to draw you closer together and in the end you'll likely be more agreeable to trying to understand each other because you realize at that point what you'd be missing if you didn't work on things and fight for the relationship (even if it's not all that serious of a problem it still really applies to a lesser extent)

Another thing it will do for you is help you to clear your mind as with many problems whether they involve another person or not, walking away and freeing up your mind from the problem itself always gives you a fresh perspective when you return.

I would encourage you to fully give each other space temporarily and for both your sakes, without texting, without communication for a short time at least. Of course only with the understanding (and make the partner understand) this is for the benefit of you both and with the full intention of bringing things together again.

Hope this helps
I will be honest..texting and talking too much right now isn’t a great idea. Because I am having a hard time engaging in just small talk and we agreed not to discuss the issues until after the weekend..we agreed to see eachother next weekend but we may need longer the way things are going..issue was I was being too codependent and suffocating him.
Traveljunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote