View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,869 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 04:33 PM

My son and I enjoyed a wonderful relationship. He’s the most precious kid. We NEVER had a disagreement or argument. I never had to discipline him in any way. He never did anything wrong. He had friends, girlfriends, his hobbies and interests, never a problem.

Ok, there were two girlfriends that we had to show concern and guide him into breaking up with them as they were outrageously high drama. One was in middle school and one early in high school. There was another nice high school gf who we said was the only normal girl he had brought home then. She smiled, looked you in the eye when she spoke, and just seemed like an average, decent girl. I never had any problems with any of his girlfriends as though I was jealous in any way that he had them. He had gf’s since preschool. He just loves the ladies... I see, he gets too under their thumb. But, he didnt get that from me. He wasn’t too under my thumb, either. We had a very healthy, loving relationship!

So, I sent this awesome kid to college. Six years later, he is completely defiant and has no qualms about hurting his parents by denouncing everything he and we are. To please this girl!

What did I do wrong? Why is he doing this?

Maybe I can still talk calmly with him and get this issue under control.

My h and I refuse to eat the shyt sandwich. We’re damned if we do or if we don’t.

Maybe a sweet, loving talk with him and her can get them to have some compassion.