View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 05:13 PM

I see wanting some space (and I usually need significant amount of space) as going to lunch with girlfriends, going to gym by myself, going to read a book alone, going shopping with a girlfriend etc while my husband does something else. No need to be attached to the hip.

But I don’t understand taking space as not seeing each other for the weekend or the entire week and then sit and wait maybe when the person wants to see you next time eTc

We get a lot of these posts lately where men tell women they want space from them and women keep sitting waiting for his attention.

I see this request for that much space as lack of interest in a woman. Asking for space because you have something planned with friends is one thing, asking for it because you think your girlfriend wants you more than you want her is entirely different story. I don’t see it as codependency, I see it as him just not being as interested. If a man is into you, no way he’d request all this space. And if he was “reflecting” he’d be home thinking. Instead he is hanging out with his friends. All weekend? I call BS on his “reflecting”. Why do you wait for him to decide when to see you? Why do you give him this power?

Don’t call and don’t text him. You are obsessing because he lacks commitment and devotion to you. If he was fully into you, you’d be relaxed and there would be no need to obsess. Move on with your life. Find a guy who is fully available and is crazy about you. You deserve it, this guy isn’t “dream come true”
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3