View Single Post
PinkRobots

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 06:02 PM

There's not really anyone I feel comfortable with. I'm completely alone. As far as trying things to bypass it, at this point it's just been me trying really hard to force myself into social situations and doing my best to not say 'I don't know'. This just leads to me awkwardly sitting there when people ask me questions. If it's something maybe more professional, I have an easier time. If you were to ask me something about work I could probably answer you really easily but if you were to ask me something I more personal I wouldn't be able to respond at all. I can do okay by text until I know you. Here, it's real easy but the minute there's a person on the other end of the conversation, I can't even bring myself to text anything that's not professional. And regardless of any circumstance even in a professional setting, I can't initiate at all. At work, if I need to communicate something to a manager, I'll just stand there and wait for them to ask me what I need before I'll be able to respond.

I understand I'm probably not explaining myself real well so it's hard for people to help but it makes so little sense to me as well and I can't relay this to anyone in real life so no one can really help me there either. That's part of the reason why I mentioned Selective Mutism, which it may not even be. It's been mentioned to me by my therapist but that's about all the knowledge I have on it, that it's a trait common to ASD and PTSD, both of which are things I've dealt with but I have no knowledge on how to fix it.

edit: Like fairly recently, an employee came up to me and asked me what my favorite color was because they were making something to give to different employees and they would correspond to those colors (mine's blue), but I couldn't say that. I just kind of sat there and just said 'I don't know.' The more they persisted about it, the more frustrated I became but I just ended up repeating those same words over and over again.
PinkRobots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, hvert