View Single Post
Anonymous44076
Anonymous44076 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 12, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
I'm developing a crush on one of my professors. I know I need to nip it in the bud, but he is...gorgeous...

But here's my question. I'm 26, and he's a bit older, so we're both consenting adults. But he's my professor and I'm his student, and that makes it off limits. But why is it off limits if we're legally consenting adults? If I met him at a bar, it'd be a totally different story. I just don't understand that aspect of it.

Blah. Why do I always fall for the unattainable?

Well, as you say it really doesn't matter that he's a bit older. The issue is the power differential. He's in a position of power over you in that he gives you grades, sets the rules etc. Relationships with power differentials often aren't the healthiest...because to have two healthy partners we usually need a level playing field. If you met him in a bar, there'd be no power differential, right?
That's why it would be quite different. Also, most universities would take action against a professor who engaged in a romantic or sexual relationship with a student....so that's quite a big issue right there.

That said, if you just have a crush and enjoy the fantasy about a gorgeous man, no problem. To act on it though....you're an adult so I wouldn't tell you what to do....but I think that might not be so great for you.

As for falling for the unattainable...we've all been there even if only in our minds

Thanks for sharing. Any other guys who've caught your eye? You seem like a very vibrant and intelligent woman...I imagine there'd be a line of fellas waiting to meet you
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341