View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Are there community guidelines about publicly discussing someone else's Ignore list....suggesting that other members are punishing people by using the Ignore function?

I think it is respectful to keep that sort of thing private. When folks add me to their Ignore list, I don't feel a need to create a backlash or tell a public forum that they are tormenting me. It's a simple function on the site; not a punishment or character assessment. If folks believe that everyone on PC must respond to them and should never "ignore" them, perhaps they need a different site that does not employ an Ignore function. I don't know if there is such a site; just an idea.

I have no problem with duplicate threads that are created to simply discuss a topic of interest. What I take issue with is the creation of duplicate threads for the purpose of saying "I have to do this because I am not allowed to reply to the other thread and I am so hurt and offended...why are people so horrible to me?" etc etc

I don't believe that the creators of PC developed an Ignore function in order to torment anyone. And I do not support public call-outs of members who employ the Ignore function. The most logical response would seem to be to also add that member to your own Ignore list and move on with life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, healingme4me, Sunflower123