View Single Post
Monkey1111
Monkey1111 has no updates.

5 yr Member
20 hugs
given
Default Apr 12, 2019 at 08:34 PM

Well, first off, I'll say that I may have been misdiagnosed. So, don't take anything that I say as necessarily having anything to do with schizoaffective disorder. Just that this is what I have personally experienced with auditory hallucinations.

I've never had distressing "hallucinations", nor have I ever lost touch with reality. And I've never had manic episodes or anything of the sort. Yes, I've suffered from depression, but only due to events in my life that occurred. Which according to my psychiatrist I overreacted to.

In fact, according to my own research and some information I've found from other people (including professionals) online, I may not be schizoaffective or schizophrenic. And this may have been a misdiagnosis.

To be honest, I don't tend to hear many questions. Maybe sort of. In the course of "conversation" so to speak, if I were to kind of allow myself to "interact" at the time. But I wouldn't say it's a whole lot of questions. More just kind of talking about stuff.

Honestly, not to sound like a total nutcase here, but they've always been pretty chill folks overall for me. And to be honest, I hardly ever hear them anymore anyways. But I still remember their names, have seen them in lucid dreams, have seen them overall.

They're sort of like old friends that I don't hear from a lot now at this point. And to be honest, they never caused me any problems directly. No one ever said that they did. I was in a bad state of mind, started hearing from them.

That was it, and it never intruded on my life. It was almost more like audible thoughts that I wasn't exactly thinking if that makes sense. Like I could focus on whatever it was that I was doing at the time, could talk to people, could do whatever it was. But I'd still hear it in the background.

And no, I never wondered if they were somehow "real", apparently I sporadically "suffer" from auditory hallucinations though it's really rare nowadays and I never really "suffered" from them to be honest. If anything, they always were sort of like friends, very close ones actually. That of course weren't real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under*Over View Post
Most of my voices are whispery. Either that or they are in some other way hard to understand. Usually Ill only get a few works that are intelligible from them
Yeah, if I do hear anything during the day, which is rare these days. For a little while it was common, but still, was very faint. It was only at night as I was lying down to sleep (still get this on occasion), I'd hear them pretty clearly. But I usually didn't have that during the day or anything, aside from randomly hearing my name called out of nowhere. Or something of the sort.