Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2019 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
One site I will mention is Reddit.
... r/BipolarReddit (which is best for bipolar support)
... r/Bipolar (which is less support and more memes, jokes, and photos).
...r/MaladaptiveDreaming
YES! Reddit is great! I haven't really posted in any of the mental health support forums yet, but I do read there regularly (plus the bajillions of other forums.)

If you're not familiar, when someone gives you the name of a "subreddit" (reddit sub forum) - you can access it like this:

reddit.com/r/SUBFORUM-NAME

If you don't like the formatting, you can also use the older formatting (I do this a bunch) where you see more threads listed at once, but less info about each thread on the first page, by prefacing the website address with "old", like this:

old.reddit.com/r/SUBFORUM-NAME

People usually refer to the reddits as just /r/SUBFORUM-NAME.

So, there's one for talking about therapy, "r/talktherapy". You can get to it like this:

reddit.com/r/talktherapy OR
old.reddit.com/r/talktherapy

Links (hope these work!)

Patient perspectives on psychotherapy.

Patient perspectives on psychotherapy.

Some others are:

... r/CPTSD/ - for C-PTSD (complex PTSD)

... r/talktherapy - to talk about therapy

... r/psychotherapy - this is for Ts to talk about their stuff, so you shouldn't post if you're not a T. But it can be fascinating to read, if you're curious about that sort of thing (I am!)

... r/depression - Depression

... r/raisedbynarcissists/ - For people with narcissistic parents.

... r/SuicideWatch/ - Support for people feeling suicidal

There are bunches more, these are the ones that I've looked at. I usually use the "old" style, and often they'll show related subreddits in the sidebar on the right (but not always). For example, /r/SuicideWatch lists r/stopselfharm/ as related on the side. That can be a useful way to find other groups.

Sorry if I'm overexplaining. I just... really love reddit. It's endless, and as BirdDancer said, you can find subreddits for all sorts of odd and interesting things.

Enjoy!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, Iloivar