View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Lightbulb Apr 13, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Hello folks,

I was reflecting on beauty and how important it is particularly when we feel depressed. When I am depressed, I often feel ugly and my mind dwells on unpleasant thoughts. Beauty can bring relief and a source of renewed hope. I believe there is always beauty to be found in the world when we search for it. Sometimes that's harder to do when we feel very low or scared. So here's a thread to help us remember the beauty.

Beauty can mean so many things to different people. A beautiful scene, a kind act, a soulful song, learning a new skill, self-appreciation, something from the Universe...

I heard a story about a shop owner who found a guy stealing. He asked the guy why he stole the items. The guy replied that it was food for himself and his brother because they didn't have the money for it. The shop owner told him that all he had to do was ask. He filled a bag with food items for both boys free of charge. When asked why he didn't call the police he said: "I didn't want him to get a criminal record. That could affect his whole future and stop him from getting a job. In my country if someone is hungry, you feed them."

I thought this story was beautiful.

Please share examples of beauty. That can certainly include something beautiful that you appreciate about yourself or a beautiful compliment you received.

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Apr 13, 2019 at 10:51 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127, Anonymous43949, Anonymous46341, Anonymous49426, Calypso2632, happysobercrafter, instant depresso, KD1980, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, romantic rose, stormyisland, Sunflower123, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
Calypso2632, happysobercrafter, instant depresso, LadyShadow, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, romantic rose, speckofdust, Sunflower123, T4bbyCat, Woodchuck