Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahrgeyzer View Post
First I'd like to voice my theory that everyone has alters, which given my experience & research I firmly believe is correct. Also I believe they can talk to the host via mental thoughts, but most people have not spent much time focusing on that kind of stuff, and therefore can't hear their silent voices. Although I have experience with several people, who used to be my close friends, who learned to hear the silent voices by means of practice & self-confidence.

So I've had alters enter my body before. Not too many times as far as I'm aware, but it would be no surprise if they've done it hundreds of times. I've asked them many times to enter my body. They've always been hesitant, but one time a female alter said she would do it, but later on changed her mind. They won't tell me why. So does anyone have a good theory why most alters would not want to take control of the host's body? I asked my alters to record a video message on the phone.

I don't know. Maybe they're shy, or just terrified of the outer world. Or maybe there's something about the outer world they just don't like. After all, they live in a virtual world where they can create anything by thought. Or at least all of my alters can. Maybe they're afraid of being stuck in the host body and becoming the host. I wouldn't mind lol. Living in outer world is horrible if you could live in a vivid virtual dream world.

Sometimes I have to wonder if most of the human brain resources is spent on alters and their virtual world. Wouldn't that be classified as a parasite?
i cant tell you why ..........your ...........alters wont take control and whether they are living in a virtual world and whether or not they are parasites.

what I can tell you is there are many different kinds of alters. Dissociative type alters are a very special kind. they dont enter a body like spirits and ghosts. in fact there is a diagnostic criteria that says the problems can not be because of religious practices (here in the USA ghosts and spirits are part of religious practices)

Dissociative alters are the kind that are linked to dissociating. example in order for my dissociative type alters to have taken control I would have had to be triggered by something, then because of being triggered my brain did its dissociative process of flight/ fight response making me feel numb, spaced out disconnected. then which ever alter who's sense of agency (a new diagnostic term for dissociative type alters) was to talk care of that trigger would take control to handle that situation or emotion for me.

when my alters didnt take control any more that meant 2 things... 1 that I was perfectly capable of handling my triggers and life so that there was no need for my brain to do the dissociation process. that it was time for me to handle my own problems. and 2 because the alters were no longer there as separate identities stored in my unconsciousness.

DID was not some thing that I could choose to be and I could not control whether my alters from having dissociative disorders would take control when and which one. for me it all worked on the fact that I had a dissociative disorder and my triggers caused me to dissociate/ have my dissociation symptoms which in turn caused my dissociative alters to take control.

like I said there are many different alters. example with my bipolar disorder anxiety disorder and so on I had psychotic induced alters, medication induced alters......these too I could not ask them to take control they were not spirits and ghosts that you see in movies jumping into peoples bodies.

my suggestion is if this continues to bother you talk with your treatment providers. they will be able to explain in more detail about various kinds of alters, which kind you have and in turn answer your questions as they pertain to you and your belief system / culture and so on.

Thanks for this!
stahrgeyzer