View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 04:51 PM

I just defriended a new acquaintance on Facebook b/c she canceled plans we made to meetup for dinner, TWICE, b/c she got better invites from her other friends at the last minute, on the nights we were supposed to meet for dinner.

I have zero tolerance for last minute plan invites from people (I always say no, that's MY preference b/c I'm not going to drop what my plans are to meetup with someone when it's only convenient for them). And zero tolerance for being cancelled on, b/c someone else invited you out with better plans.

If my time and company isn't important to you, then we can't be friends. Period.

This acquaintance, upon first meeting me, accused me of being "fake" and tried to tell me that I was putting on a good act with her, acting all outgoing and nice. She was with two other mutual friends (who haven't cancelled on me, or told me I was putting on a fake act with them). When I told her that her comments really hurt my feelings she just minimalized my feelings, which I took a sign of verbal abuse and decided she wasn't someone I wanted to nurture a friendship with. Yuck. Now, do I owe our 2 mutual friends an explanation? I'm debating that. I don't think I do. I may wait to see if they bring it up. And if they do, I'll address it. But if they don't, I won't bring it up.

It's so irritating b/c when you are middle age, it gets harder to meet people to become friends with.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45521, lightly toasted, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky