View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache11 View Post
I dont have much advice but I'll try. I wouldn't bring it up either if it were me. Let them ask like you planned on and then you can explain your feelings. I hope it works out and if only there was a way to make better friends and meet new people. With social media these days I feel it's hard to have any real connection with people and harder to interact
Thanks for your response. I feel like cellphones and Facebook make people think their manners are no longer necessary, because they can instantly contact you to cancel plans, or do a last minute invite now.

I grew up in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s before cellphones and this never happened to me with people I became friends with. So, I feel like technology is responsible for the dismissive way people treat each other now. And when you tell someone that their actions hurt you, they act offended (to offset their guilt perhaps, or they're just dicks and don't want to be held accountable) or blase about it.

Ok, I will not bring it up unless the two mutual friends do. I hope I can make new friends who mutually respect me. Those types of connections are so rare to find.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote