View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It sucks. I knew someone like that. She was so called “boy crazy”. She chose guys over everything (random guys not like her husband). One of those who always needed a man. Every time some random guy asked her out last minute, she’d cancel plans with me or other girlfriends. Needless to say we are not friends anymore. I cut ties. That’s what I’d do. Be done.
So you've experienced the snarky fair-weather friend type, too? They are awful people, aren't they?

I can't believe your former friend chose men over her female friendships. Clearly, her priority was men not friendships with women. Pathetic. I know women like her. They never change. They're like that throughout their entire life; always need to be the center of a man's attention.

Glad you cut ties with her.

Yeah, I can't believe I put up with this woman's snarky behavior even though it was three times in person, and a few times on Facebook via messages. She had the gall to tell me on Facebook, "When I first met you, you were all tough and funny and outgoing. That was so fake. You're not really like that. You're really vulnerable and you want everyone to like you, so you pretend to be someone you're not."

Um, WTF is that! Either, she was projecting her own insecurities on to me, or my outgoing personality that her friends enjoyed, bothered her for some reason.

I defended myself on Facebook, responding that I thought what she wrote was mean and not true and that it shocked me that she could be so rude to someone she barely knows.

She's the type of woman whose smile is really a sneer or a smirk, depending on what day of the week it is. Does that make sense? She's very disingenuous, at least she seems that way to me. Also in her late 40s like me. She has a masters in Irish literature, and I grew up reading Irish literature and when I tried to engage her in discussions about my favorite Irish writers, she dismissed me, telling me "I don't think you're telling the truth. I don't think you and I could talk about Joyce b/c I don't think you're equipped to." Again, another WTF moment from me. Talk about snarky. Talk about snide. Talk about snobbery! It's called reading. People do it WITHOUT A DEGREE.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote