View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
Sorry when I say moving away I just mean that most people are being caught up in current societal rudeness. I feel certain that when I was younger people did know that it was wrong to cancel on someone in the last moment and they wouldn't do it. Just the same that I know people knew the basics of manners and conformed to them. But they just don't anymore. And it is insanely miserable for those of us who do know what manners are.

Don't ever take that. Don't ever!! Life is just too short.

A few years ago someone at work who I didn't even think was a friend betrayed me. When others didn't stand up for me I dropped them all. They all thought I was rude but I still don't regret it at all. You don't like me, you will get nothing, NOTHING more from me. Not someone to dump on, not someone on your facebook friend feed. NOTHING.
Yes, ok. I'm telling you, with technology now where people can instant message you on Facebook or your cellphone with a text, or FaceTime you or Skype you, they think that justifies being totally dismissive and rude and inconsiderate. People completely lack manners now, b/c they use technology to hide behind and their behavior is atrocious. Just atrocious and juvenile! I hate it!!

Oh, believe you me. I won't take it. I told a guy off, on Facebook, who friended me and just wanted an online girlfriend for attention, but nothing serious or offline. I'm not your Facebook Messenger Madame, pal. F*** YOU!

So, a friend betrayed you at work and then gossiped about you to your coworkers so that they took her side and abandoned you? That's pathetic! I share your philosophy about having good boundaries and good manners: if you treat me like s***, don't expect me to be available to you for anything! It's like that awesome new song from the band The Drums, 626 Bedford Avenue:

Your insecurities are ruining
Everything that we could be
Get your head out of your ***
And take a good look at yourself

I fell in love, and you treat me like sh** (this could apply to platonic friendships too)
(But I keep on coming back)

But I keep on coming back
You might be a psychopath
You might wanna check that
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote